Monday, April 21, 2014

An Introduction

I never got a chance to write a small introduction for my blog; I was too excited and anxious to get started and figured I'd wait. Now that I have enough material and a large enough audience, I'd like to welcome you to my blog, Not A Wasted Word!

First of all, kudos to my friend Bryanna for this title! I couldn't think of one at all, and she helped me (thanks so much!) I heard this one and thought it was absolutely perfect!

I've been writing for about four years now but it wasn't until a project in my sophomore year that I discovered that this is what I really loved. I use writing mainly as an outlet. A lot of the things that you read are simply manifested thoughts and feelings that I have on a daily basis and many of it pertains to significant moments in my life, so you will definitely find a common theme as I move through these stages of my life. I've always tried to find a metaphor to connect things to and write my poems in that way, mainly because they are, in a way, letters to different people I've come into contact with and I try not to make it so specific so that people can relate as well. 

So essentially my poems are very very emotional. I am, however, working on expanding the topics and avoiding these sad poems, but writing first and foremost is my outlet. I can write better than I can verbally express myself, so I always turn to writing.

I am very grateful for all of the love and support I've received so far! Tomorrow marks two weeks since the birth of Not A Wasted Word, and I have over 600 hits already! And not to mention the many people who have told me how much my writing has touched and inspired them, which brought me to tears! I was not expecting it all, and now I'm not writing just for me, I'm writing for all of you. So thank you, much love, and I hope you enjoy this journey along with me!

XOXO,
Jay 

No comments:

Post a Comment