Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cliches

Let go
As if I can wake up tomorrow and not feel a thing

Move on
As if I have a choice to stop, pause, rewind, and fast-forward through it

Life is too short
As if I have control over how this makes me feel

I refuse to live by these cliches
that were made to "help" and "encourage" people to enjoy life
while ignoring the reality that we as humans face on a daily basis
It is hard to not care about something that meant so much to you
Hard to force yourself to simply move on and let go
because life is too short
because there is nothing simple about moving on and letting go

Life is too short for people to count their misfortunes
instead of their blessings
Too short to be looking for more
when your plate is already full
Too short to be serving apologies on broken dishes
and expecting people to devour it
Too short to say I love you
but not show it

No comments:

Post a Comment