Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Late Night Phone Call

It's 3am
and the birds are crooning outside of our windows
even though we are nowhere close to one another
our hearts are so intertwined
We are the manifestation of a poem
our hearts left too open for anyone to fill the now empty verses
We are loving in vain
disrespecting its name
and dishonoring its sanctity
I'm only losing my sanity.

My black angel
I feel you slipping away from me
and I thought keeping your wings would make you stay with me
The dim light reflects the shadow of you lying next to me
and I'm starting to miss you
but we are lying in our sin
and I'm getting high off of everything you're saying
but you're whispering sweet nothings
What ever happened to love?
Why can't we fix our broken melody?
You stopped singing to me.

I don't want to have just one more night
but if that's all there is to offer
I won't take it
I'll leave like a thief in the night
leaving nothing behind but the imprint of a kiss on your cheek
that whispers I love you.

It's 3am
and we're listening to the birds crooning outside of our windows
I'm afraid I'll never again get to use your chiseled chest as a pillow
This may be our last phone call
Your voice is plucking at my broken heart strings
I don't know what you're trying to say to me
In this moment all I want is you
But if we hang up now
it'll be over forever.

You were the sweetest thing I had ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment