Monday, April 21, 2014

Untitled

I can't get rid of these images in my head
Just continuously playing over and over again
Reminding me of the pain I felt in those moments
I just want to forget everything
I want to forget you
I want to forget your face that I tried so hard to memorize
Forget the way your eyes smiled when you looked at me
And the taste that lingered on my lips after a kiss
I want to forget what touching your face felt like
and how my heart skipped beats at the sound of your voice
it was like music to my soul
I want to forget what it felt like to lie next to you and fall asleep
and the lounges in the grass
and never wanting either of them to end
Forget the sleepiness in your voice as we talked into the wee hours of the morning
and the bass of your laugh
and the squint of your eyes
and how it made me love you even more
I want to forget the last time you looked at me
and told me I was beautiful
and how I felt like the luckiest girl in the world
I want to forget your last words
and the coldness of your voice
and the sting of my tears as I tried to swallow them
and the way you looked at me
and the faint feeling I got as I tried to make sense of what was happening
I wanted to tell myself I was dreaming
That this wasn't real
That I was just imagining things
I just want to wake up tomorrow morning
And not remember any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment