Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Dissonace

Part I

You are empty promises
Served on broken china and half-empty crystals
Of red, red wine,
And your service slices through my delicate hands easily,
Creating wounds too wide to close.

This blood, like honey, drips slow and stains
This white blouse--
I think it looks pretty.
I sip the liquidity of your entity,
Losing sobriety with each drop.

Part II

You are half notes with cacophonic tunes
And I prance across your bare floors with such elegance
Only to find bits of glass kissing my skin--
But I do not stop.
I can't.
Blood spills from the ghosts of their lips
and auburn streams streak over the sheened wood. 

Your music
                    And my movement
Are    
          never
In sync.
Alwaysclashing,
Never agreeing on that perfect rhythm and harmony that,
Once upon a time,
the two had created.

1 comment:

  1. Prayer and time heals all wounds.
    Continue to be strong my daughter.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete