Saturday, April 19, 2014

Late Night Thoughts

Facing the night sky I closed my eyes
and wished to not be tempted
but to be given wisdom 
and not waste it
on hopeless aspirations that are just raisins
dried up in the sun.
Oh how my heart cried out for your touch
even if that wasn't much to ask for
but I swore I wanted nothing more.
Even just a taste of you would suffice
but that means I would have to sacrifice
my peace of mind
and it is already fucked up.
And I don't even know if it's you that I want
because anyone can feel this void
deep in my soul.
I was told I was needy and that that's not so bad.
So then tell me why am I still alone?
If a God does exist
please help me to calm my spirit
because it has become restless
and I can't take any more sleepless nights.
Oh how I wish for people to say I love you
and mean it
and never leave you alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment