Monday, April 14, 2014

Drug Addict

I didn't think I’d ever try you
I was way too much of a good girl to even consider it.
But I got a taste,
one Thursday afternoon, in the spring
The air was warm, smelled of fresh grass.
I was hooked; I had to have you
even though I knew you were no good
but I kept taking more and more.
You gave me such a high nothing else ever could
and before I knew it I needed you.
Day.
And night.
I felt like I’d lose my mind if I didn’t have you.
They told me you were no good
but the way you made me feel convinced me that
I couldn’t live without you.
And then everything started to change.
I was jittery and paranoid,
I tried so hard to get that high again
But you were no longer good.
Only now you made me sicker and sicker.
Even now in my withdrawal I get the urge
to want a taste of you
again.
Just a taste.
But all you’ve done is deteriorate my body
my mind
and my spirit.

1 comment: