Friday, June 27, 2014

Writing Challenge

Good morning, all!

First, I'd like to thank everyone again for all of the love and support I've been receiving regarding my writing. It's very inspiring and pushes me to write even more! I've been told I am such an inspiration to people; it's very touching, so thank you! 

Second, I am challenging myself to write more different things. Please excuse all of the lovey-dovey stuff I've been writing; I am nineteen and female, so that in itself says a lot! Therefore, I am focusing my attention on more "controversial" topics, for lack of a better term, specifically race. As a black female attending a predominantly white institution, there are so many things I've seen, heard, and personally experienced that I feel need to be addressed. What better avenue to use than writing? After a conversation with a friend last night regarding a song and its meaning, I felt that I needed to do more with my writing. So I'm putting all my heart-throbbing works aside for now (unless I get some random spurt of inspiration and feel the need to express myself!) and embarking on this exploration of understanding who I am outside of my world and how my ethnicity and gender plays a role in that. If anybody has any suggestions, please please please feel free to tell me! I am very open-minded and willing to try anything.

So...are you ready? I certainly am!

Much love,
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment